In Conversation with John Whittingdale MP
Wednesday 9 June
At a time when the Government is considering the future of high quality public service broadcasting which is universally available across the UK, we are delighted that John Whittingdale MP, Minister of State for Media and Data in the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport has agreed to speak to VLV. The event will be held online.
Issues currently under the spotlight include:
– The balance between the costs and benefits of being a public service broadcaster
– Whether advertising regulation should be reformed to create a more level playing field between broadcasting and online
– Prominence regulation on streaming platforms and hardware
– The regulation of online content
– BBC funding and governance
Previously John Whittingdale was Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport in 2015-2016, during the last Charter Review period. from 2005-2015 Mr Whittingdale was Chairman of the Culture, Media and Sport Committee of the House of Commons.
We are not charging a fee to attend our online events, but VLV is a charity and there is a cost even in running online events. Therefore we would appreciate a voluntary donation of £10 when you register for the event. If you would like to donate more than £10 please call the VLV office on 01474 338716 or email email@example.com.
To register to attend this event please click on the button below and you will be sent joining instructions nearer the time of the event.