In Conversation with John Whittingdale MP
Wednesday 30 June
Following the announcement that the government plans to publish a broadcasting White Paper in the autumn which will lead to a Media Bill in 2022, VLV held an event with John Whittingdale MP, Minister of State for Media and Data in the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport on June 30th. The event was chaired by VLV Chairman, Colin Browne.
Issues covered included:
– The future regulation and funding of public service broadcasting in the UK
– The potential privatisation of Channel 4
– BBC funding and governance
– Prominence regulation on streaming platforms and hardware
– Content regulation on on-demand platforms
You can watch a recording of the event by clicking on the image below or download a transcript of the event here.